Let’s go through the steps once again to summarise how to create our first WordPress site.
- Create a database and user in your hosting control panel
- Download latest wordpress installation and unzip it
- Rename wp-config-sample.php to wp-config.php and insert your database name and user name.
- Upload all the files to public_html folder using FTP
- Go to http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin/install.php to install WordPress
- Login to Dashboard from http://www.yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Configure your WordPress for pretty url by choosing Custom Structure and enter /%category%/%postname%/
- Go to Widgets and add in what you want for your sidebar
- Create all your pages and publish
- Go to Menu and display the pages you want for your navigation. (Only for themes that support WordPress 3.0 menu)
- Go and create your first post and publish
That’s it! Your website is ready. You can continue to publish new posts every few days from now. Install a tracking plugin if you want to track how many visitors visited your new site.