It’s basically easy to start a WordPress blog. The difficulty lies in trying to get noticed on the World Wide Web with millions of other blogs talking about what your site has to offer. Before you give up the fight, here are twenty SEO tips that would make it easy for your WordPress site to rank higher on search engines online.
1. Learn the basics of SEO. Of course, before starting all the complicated stuff it is highly advisable to learn the basics of search engine optimization. WordPress might have a default page optimization but it’s best to stick to a separate plugin for SEO which allows users to change description meta data, keywords and titles.
2. Make use of Sitemaps. This makes it a hell lot easier for users and search engines to look through all your site content plus interact with such in a better manner. This makes it easy for new content to be discovered thus increasing your page rank on Google or other search engine sites.
3. Avoid duplicated content. Google has the tendency to mark of duplicated content as spam. If possible, try to avoid such spam content on your WordPress blog. This is easily done so all thanks to categories, the tags and dates.
4. Get social. Share your content on various social networking sites or better yet connect your WordPress account to your Facebook, Twitter or Google+ accounts. This increases web page awareness which in turn increases your WordPress rank on search engine sites.
5. Create good content. Optimization is ideally great and highly effective only if content is equally high in quality.
6. Unique content. Great content is good for optimization but unique content is even better.
7. Properly naming filed imaged. Images are also calculated by Google for ranking given photos and text is all displayed on the web page. Given such fact, it is best to properly name and use the title plus alt tag for images. These provide a better optimization and usability for the search rank.
8. Utilize permalinks but keep them short. The same should go for keywords. Only make use of relevant keywords that Google would not mark as spam.
9. Themes should also be SEO friendly. More often than not, personalized themes make use of a lot of codes. Google usually goes through the source code of such themes. This basically means the more codes your themes have then keyword density and content should be less. It is best to stick to fast performance themes that don’t have complicated codes.
10. Make use of highlights or strong tags for keywords or informative content.
11. Steer clear of mirror html sites or black hat techniques. Being sneaky won’t really help increase your WordPress rank. Play it safe and stick to the legal side of SEO.
12. Avoid flash at all costs.
13. Plugins. Plugins help load your site quickly which in turn is one of the factors that increase page rank.
14. Having mentioned plugins, make use of a content helper for on page search engine optimization.
15. Internal links. Tap into this power simply by linking existing content to new content.
16. Add rich keyword elements to images. As mentioned in tip number 7, Google takes into account everything on the page including images. While naming them is one thing, it is best to appropriately use rich keywords.
17. Give authorship to Google onto your site.
18. Aside from internal links, make use of off page optimization. This contributes to a whopping 80% effectiveness in SEO.
19. Give-and-take back linking. Exchange back links to other sites that have the same content as yours especially those with high page ranks.
20. Guest blog. This is done so by first establishing a relationship with other bloggers or reviewers. This helps out in terms of providing back links to your own page which in turn increases site traffic and page rank.